Rubber – “The most versatile engineering material”.
At AV Industrial Products Ltd, we specialise in the use of rubber to manufacture anti-vibration mountings for engines, pumps, compressors and a variety of different industrial equipment. Our engineers have an extensive experience of rubber within engineering, and we believe that rubber is one of the most useful and versatile materials.
Rubber products can come in many different forms, whether they are an anti-vibration mounting for an engine, protective rubber matting or rubber balls for sports. Different rubber compounds can have the following properties:
- Can be used to insulate electricity, isolate vibration, insulate from cold, seal from water and gases and prevent slips on surfaces.
- Temperature ranges from -80°C to +300°C.
- Soft enough to isolate shock from delicate, lightweight equipment or hard enough to be used to drill, machine or tap holes.
- Available in many different colours, from translucent to reds, yellows, blues, greens and blacks.
- Resistant to:
- Acids and Bases
- Able to be mould into any conceivable profile or complex shape.
- Can be extended to many times it’s own length and then return to its original shape within seconds.
- Some rubbers are self-extinguishing.
- Very cost effective when compared with other engineering materials.
All of our products are manufactured from the highest quality rubber, whether they a simple Bobbin mounting or a more complex Marine Mounting or Captive Mount, which provides the best combination of all of the above characteristics.
AV Industrial Products are able to manufacture in a wide range of rubber compounds, and our engineers can specify the best rubber material for your application. If you wish for some free advice on the best rubber compound for your application, please do not hesitate to call us on +44(0)116 2461 261.